Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Michael Jordan x Nike History


So this weekend I was with a couple of friends down on U street in Washington D.C, SO we had a couple drinks at this hookah spot which was very relaxing any who this is beside the point. On Thursday someone I know asked me a question about MJ no not Michael Jackson , but Michael Jordan and they said he was a well known individual and I totally agree, but then they questioned me why; My answer was basketball of course like we all would say ........I just really thought the convo was somewhat interesting so I looked into it more.......
NIKE, pronounced NI-KEY and The SWOOSH logo is a graphic design created by Caroline Davidson in 1971. It represents the wing of the Greek Goddess NIKE. Caroline Davidson was a student at Portland State University in advertising.
Now how did Nike Jordans become so huge Early in 1984, Nike was a struggling shoe company. The running shoe phenomenon that has fueled their sales in previous years was slowly dying and they needed a way to revitalize and reinvent themselves in order to appeal to another segment of the market. At the same time, rookie player Michael Jordan was already endorsing several products, but Nike hoped that his appeal would generate sales. Jordan, though, had other ideas. He had always preferred Adidas <<<< (thanks to a #drunk convo on U street I remember this cool guy telling me such )or the Converse shoes endorsed by North Carolina Coach. MJ went on with the cool idea and thought it was a great idea for NIKE success I don't think he was talking about taking it this far.....
1991 SPIKE LEE DIRECTOR OF THE NIKE COMMERCIAL
(take notice MJ doesn't say a word)




My point is MJ is known all over the world because everyone could relate to him why because he never said a word in the commercials.......that was a very important factor...if you didn't say anything many would never know your life ..now MJ is tslking ppl now know that he hangs out with "Tiger Woods" and him and his wife are not together......he was better off the silent man ....HEY WE STILL LOVE HIM

No comments:

Post a Comment

FREE YOUR MIND PLEASE.....